St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust is looking to appoint an Independent Chair Trustee with a demonstrable interest in the arts and culture.
In addition we are seeking a Finance Trustee; both will work with our Board of Trustees to guide our unique organisation through the next stage of its development following our successful involvement in the creation of the new St Albans Museum + Gallery. You will be joining a talented and committed Board of Trustees and should be willing to devote your time and skills to complement them.
The St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust believes that the museums, galleries, historic buildings and archaeological sites (“museums and galleries”) of St Albans City and District bring great benefit to the community. They inspire, they bring learning, they can help us change and develop, they draw visitors to the area, and they are community centres.
We exist to support the development and improvement of the community’s museums and galleries. This is done through assisting with fundraising, allocation of grants, support to collaborative funding bids, with promotion, through assistance with strategy, and through our proud championing of them as a cause for support.
Chair role purpose:
- Able to lead the charity and develop effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders and supporters.
- To ensure the charity is carrying out its object for the public benefit whilst complying with the charity’s governing Trust Deed and the law and acting in the charity’s best interests at all times.
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly, maintaining the highest standards of probity and governance in relation to all operations, in accordance with the trusts object as set out in its governing document, and legal and regulatory requirements.
Finance Trustee role purpose :
- A passion and commitment to the charity and its aims
- To monitor the charity’s accounts and advise on the funds available for the Trust to carry out its charitable purpose
- An understanding of accounting, preferably holding an accounting or finance qualification, and knowledge of charity accounts
The closing date for both positions is Friday 29nd January 2021 if you would like to apply, please send your cv and covering email to Caroline Eldred [email protected]. Please clearly state in the subject heading whether you are interested in the Chair or Finance Trustee role.
If you don’t hear from us by 5 February your application has been unsuccessful.
The role description for the Chair can be found here
The role description for the Finance Trustee can be found here